Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year, New You?


Ok, here we are...Jan 2014.  I am a self professed Type A, control freak.   Oh, ya give me a empty calendar, a cup of coffee and BLISS!!!  I stared at that empty calendar thinking of all the new exciting things that may come our way this year!!  Summer vacations to plan, birthday parties, long weekends, visits to family and friends!! I truly feel blessed this time of year to have to opportunity to look at a empty calendar and see hope.  I see progress, I see welcome change.  I hope to see 10lbs gone prior to all those future visits and long weekends!!! We have set some goals for this year, I have prayed that they will be obtainable for us.  Our biggest goal this year is to buy a new home.  We have a lovely one to sell, but after many moves with the military, retirement and a new job for the hubby, it is time to settle into our " forever home:"..And believe you me this Nurse is thinking single story so when she is old and needs a walker she doesn't have to move!!  ( I know not all 38 year olds think like this, but a 38 year old Nurse sure does!!)  I know that to get to this goal it will require some discipline from both of us on the budgeting part.  Oh how I would love to blame my hubby for our lack of funds, but alas I was the one who booked the 15 trip to Maui for Christmas ( more on that later).  So as any regretful addict, I again went full on, head first and wrote lists, made meal plans, and planned out every pay where it shall go!!!  Again..Type A BLISS!!!  this year I will blog more ( I hope I have some readers) facebook less, and enjoy every minute.  I wonder if everyone feels this sense of purpose in the New Year?  Maybe I just have too much time on my hands since the kids went back to school.......


Till next time


Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment